Our firm recently teamed with Daniel L. Hart, AIA, Architect and H. Lee Forbes, Historic Roofing Consultant to plan and supervise the replacement of the entire clay tile roof, underlayment, guttering and other roof related repairs and additions on the Kanawha County Courthouse in Charleston, WV.
The center part of the Romanesque style building was built in 1892. This section was soon outgrown due to the booming economy and in 1917 the second section that fronts Kanawha Boulevard was added. Less than a decade later, the Virginia Street section was added in 1926 completing the structure as it stands today.
The project began March 1, 2002 and was successfully completed on October 15 of the same year.